A very very good morning to all of you. Its a beautiful day out here in Singapore as I write this post. As the morning sun enters my house and I hear the birds chirping the rich aroma of homemade coffee fills my house like the scents of an agarbathi in a pooja room :). I was never a lover of capsicum (simla mirch) and whenever mom used to make any curry that had capsicum in it, I would neatly pick out all the capsicum pieces and put them on the side and eat whatever was left of the curry. yabba yabba yabba what a problem child I must have been for my mom ..
Anyways while interning with a giant organization, I cooked this curry called paneer capsicum curry for the first time and from then on I have loved this vegetable rich in anti oxidants, pain relief, enhanced metabolism, cancer prevention and much more. And thats how I invented a sandwich version of this dish. I can guarantee that even folks who hate capsicum would fall in love with it. This is a simple recipe with extraordinary flavors and as original as I could get.
It takes less than 20 mins to have these done. So this morning if you have paneer, capsicum and some bread at home, try these sandwiches for breakfast and you’d be surprised how yummy they actually turn out.
1) Paneer – 200 gms ( fresh or frozen)
2) Salt – 2 tsp
3) Capsicum – 1 (finely chopped)
4) Pepper – 1/2 tsp
5) Lime juice – a squeeze
6) Tikka paste – 2 Tbsp (If you dont have it at home, have these ingredients ready. dried Ginger, Garlic powder, Cumin seeds, Coriander seeds, Tamarind pulp, Paprika, garam masala, chilly powder, vegetable oil and turmeric. )
7) Yogurt – 2 Tbsp
8) 12 Bread slices
9) Low fat spread
1) Add paneer salt, pepper and tikka paste in a blender and blend until smooth into a nice paste. Go to step 3.
2) If you dont have tikka paste, get the ingredients ready. Grind the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, finely. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Heat oil in a pan, add the paste and let it cook for 5 mins or until the water evaporates. Once the oil starts to separate the paste is cooked. Cool and store in a jar ! Proceed to step 1 and then step 3.
3) Add the finely chopped capsicum to this misture. Blend in yogurt gently and let it rest for 15 mins.
4) Get the bread and sandwich maker ready.
5) Brush a low fat no cholesterol spread on the bread, stuff in the marinated paste and place the same in the sandwich maker.
6) Once done, take out and enjoy the sandwich with some mint chutney or guacamole !
BON APPETIT !